Feed conversion is the key factor in the success of a poultry operation. If birds aren’t eating they aren’t growing. To raise the most pounds of meat with the least amount of feed, the least amount of energy, in the shortest time frame - what can poultry producers do?
Focus on key components that can improve the poultry house environment and impact productivity in their operation.
- Feed system - Presentation is important to poultry. Keep feed flowing and available to keep birds eating and growing efficiently. A smart feed management system can help prevent out-of-feed events.
- Watering system - Poultry need a steady supply of fresh, clean water.
- Lighting - Lighting can impact growth, activity and the overall bird temperament. Lighting levels and durations can help birds reach their highest growth potential.
- Ventilation - As barns get bigger, tunnel ventilation has become popular for air control.., fresh air and gas exchange, while keeping birds at their most productive temperatures.
- Evaporative cooling system - An evaporative cooling system uses water to cool off the inside of a barn, and works best with fast-moving air to aid in the cooling process.
Contact your local Cumberland dealer to learn more about how creating the ideal poultry environment can help you improve your operation.